What is Cut2D?
- Cut2D is designed to help Hobby CNC machine users convert CAD DXF and graphics designs into GCode / CNC Toolpaths for machining parts and components.
- Priced for the Hobby user, Cut2D is affordable, easy to use software that’s very functional and creates high quality CNC toolpaths for virtually all CNC machines.
- Automatic cutter diameter compensation, machines designs precisely to size without having to worry about manually offsetting geometry for the cutter being used.
- Fantastic, high quality colour shaded 3D Preview with realistic material types that show exactly what the job will look like when machined.
What does Cut2D do?
- Automatically converts CAD drawings and Graphic designs to GCode / CNC Toolpaths.
- Opens most industry standard 2D vector drawing formats DXF, EPS, AI & PDF file formats.
- Pocket Machining with either raster or offset machining patterns, plus the option to ramp the cutter into the material.
- Profile Machining-running the cutter around the outside, inside or on the selected geometry, with the option to ramp the cutter into the material.
- Automatic cutter diameter compensation for toolpaths ensures parts are cut to the required size. Simply select the shapes and Cut2D compensates for the cutter diameter and shape.
- Interactive Tab / Bridge placement to ensure parts are securely held in place when cutting from sheet material.
- Automatic calculation for Outside and Inside cutting when multiple shapes are selected.
- The option to Ramp the cutter into the job is very important when cutting hard materials because it reduces the load on the bottom of the cutter.
- Drilling with option for Peck drilling cycle.
- 3D Colour and 2D wireframe toolpaths Previews shows exactly what the part will look like when machined.